Having AC during the summer is absolutely crucial for the Houston and Brazoria County areas. The last thing you need is for your system to unexpectedly break down. So what can you do as a homeowner to ensure your system will be performing optimally? Read our steps below:
- REGULARLY check and replace your air filters when dirty! This is the number one step all homeowners must have in mind and especially during the June-September months. If you leave a dirty air filter in your system, it will cause your system to work harder to cool the air and waste more of your energy and money.
- Review all the registers in your home to make sure they’re opened and not blocked by any items or furniture. Registers are designed to evenly cool the room so make sure no external factors are restricting their airflow. If some of your rooms are warmer or cooler than others, ask us about air balancing and zoning options to even the temperatures throughout your home.
- If possible, inspect your unit’s drip pan and condensate drain lines. Clogs found here can suggest mold and algae buildup and neglecting this issue can eventually lead to system malfunctions.
Overall, the best thing you can do to ensure your system is ready for the hot summer is to get your maintenance or inspection today. Not only will this elongate the life of your system, but it’ll minimize unexpected failures and expensive repairs in the future. You can even save money on bills knowing that your system is performing efficiently! Call Colley for your Houston and Brazoria County AC services today (979) 265-4711!
When investing in a new air conditioner, you may be looking at factors such as the efficiency or SEER rating of the equipment. In reality, one of the most significant factors that play into your new AC is well… the actual installation! Learn why a quality install matters.
Although choosing the right equipment for your home is important, making sure that your equipment is properly installed will make a vast difference in your system’s performance and life.
One of the most common reasons homeowners even consider purchasing new equipment is the hope that their new system will be more energy efficient. Having more energy efficient systems will ideally result in lower energy bills. Although this is true, having an improperly installed unit can decrease its operating efficiency as much as 30% according to Energy Star. That’s 30% of energy and money being wasted due to poor install.
Having performance issues will add stress to your system causing it to wear down faster. If you have properly installed equipment, not only will your system be optimally performing but you can elongate the life of your system as well. Ensuring that your system will last longer will give you more bang for your buck and allow your system to serve you for the expected time period or longer.
Essentially, you would want your new install to be done right the first time. This will allow for optimal performance, lower bills, extending your system’s life, and minimizing future repairs. Protect your investment by choosing a quality installer. Colley is located in Clute, TX servicing the Brazoria County, Houston and surrounding areas. Call us today (979) 265-4711!
Centralized heating and air systems has become widely popular with almost every home and business having one installed in the nation. Although the popular continues to rise, many home and business owners fail to prioritize HVAC maintenance. Routine and preventive HVAC maintenance is one of the most important and beneficial services you can do for your system and your home. Below we detail some of the large paybacks:
- Healthy and clean air – not only will HVAC maintenance properly cool and warm your home, but it will make for healthy and clean air quality. Dirty coils and filters is a foundation for mold, dirt, and bacteria to grow and collect, which may result in worse air quality issues.
- Lower energy bills – having a properly maintenanced system will result in a smoother operation. When you skip out on maintenancing your equipment, it will work harder just to cool or heat your home, resulting in higher bills.
- Extending your system’s life – with tender, love, care, and maintenance, you can extend the life of your system for years! Maintenance your system and you can avoid having to deal with costly repairs and the costly investment of installing a new system.
These are just some of the main bullet points of why you should always participate in maintaining your unit. Along with clean air, lower bills, and elongating your system’s life, you can also prevent expensive repairs in the future as well as many other benefits. If you’re in need of maintenance services, check out our Energy Savings Agreement and call us today at (979) 265-4711!
Problem: Particulates are tiny particles suspended in the air. Common particulates include residential pollen, dust mites, dust, smoke and dander (skin flakes). Particulate diameters are measured in microns and range from .001 to 1,000 microns. These dimensions represent the continuum from a few molecules up to the size where particles can no longer be airborne.
Solution: Particulates are removed from the air by filtration. As you can see from the chart below, air filters differ in effectiveness as they can trap different size particulates. Colley Refrigeration recommends Trane air purification technologies.
Problem: These are bacteria, germs, viruses, fungi, spores and mold. Although bacteria are small in size and usually microscopic, they have an amazing ability to do horrible damage to all living organisms including humans. Many everyday illnesses are also caused by viruses like the common cold or the flu.
Solution: Microbials are living organizations that must be killed. Colley Refrigeration recommends Trane Cleaneffects as it is the only proactive system that aggressively kills microbials throughout the entire home or building. More information below.
Problem: Indoor odors and gases, such as benzene, formaldehyde, chloroform, hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, etc., are released from furniture, cabinets, carpets, cleaning chemicals, copy machines, insulation, insect sprays, hair sprays, etc.
Solution: Again, Colley Refrigeration recommends the Trane Cleaneffects as it is the only proactive system that aggressively kills odors and gases. We have numerous testimonials regarding the removal of pet odors, paint odors, musty smells and general odors in homes and businesses.