Air conditioning systems are an investment but choosing the installer is JUST as important as the equipment. When looking to hire an HVAC expert, make sure to incorporate our tips to ensure you minimize any unwanted situations
- Verify their credibility!
- Check their papers – check for the air conditioning company’s licensing, workman’s compensation, and liability insurance. Be suspicious of any company’s unwillingness to provide papers that will validate their authenticity.
- Do an online search – check for the company on Angie’s List or other sources of authority. Angie’s List has a Contractor License Check Tool available for anytime use.
- Reviews & references – although online reviews are a good source of credibility, it may be worth obtaining their list of references and contacting real customers about their experiences.
- Receive a second opinion – trust your instincts and don’t be pressured by a contractor to make a big decision immediately. Any reputable company would have no problem with you taking the time to receive a second opinion to confirm their diagnosis and recommended solutions.
These are just a few tips from us on how you can be more cautious in the process of researching and hiring an HVAC contractor. One of the most recommended methods of protecting yourself is to build a long-term relationship with your contractor. Although all HVAC companies should be providing optimal services regardless of whether it’s a new or existing customer, reputable HVAC service providers will give their existing customers the added attention and detail to retain your business.
Don’t get pressured into immediate decisions and upgrades, and don’t be afraid to ask questions! Receive a professional opinion from our certified and licensed air conditioning experts at Colley today (979) 265-4711!